Sunday, April 2, 2006

You have bewitched me.

You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love and love and love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. And every woman in the world breathes a collective sigh.
This past week, I received the most lovely thing, a care package from my little sister. And, my little sister, being the little sister that she is, sent me nothing I needed, but everything I wanted, including Pride and Prejudice. So, in the past week, I have watched it at least three times. Actually, probably more because I have watched the scene that the above quote is from about fifteen times.
But, I couldn't help but wonder why I put myself through it. Why do I watch these romantic movies over and over, when I usually end up feeling depressed because I have yet to find that bewitching love? But, the truth is that while I am a tid depressed, I find much more hope, hope that someday I wil find that man who loves and loves and loves me. It is a gentle reminder that love really does exist. And it can survive through an insane mother with bad nerves, an overzealous aunt concerned only with her daughter's welfare, and a pledge to loathe him for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment