Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Reese's Pieces and Amoebas

I am eating Reese's Pieces for lunch. I thought perhaps this blog may make more sense if you knew that little tidbit of information.
This morning I took a linguistics test and I think I did a pretty good job. I'm talking passing here, folks. Then, I was talking to my Spanish professor and he said he didn't think I would be failing any classes this semester, including his. Well, thank you very much Profesor Esmit. Also, I have rediscovered the comfort and versatility of jeans and a t-shirt, and I'm not going to wear anything but for the rest of the semester. So, I am having a fabulous day. But, that is not why I am writing this blog. I am writing this blog because I have happened upon a theological truth that I wanted to share with all of you.
We all know that when we get to heaven, we will be given a new body. There has been much discussion as to what form these new bodies may actually take. Discuss no further. I have figured it out. We will be amoeba-like. Obviously, we will not be amoebas, because amoebas are unicellular organisms, and we will be mulitcellular. What is my reasoning, you ask? I forget, but think of the advantages. There is no fat or thin when it comes to amoebas. They are shapeless. They can even change shape to fit the situation. Come on, that would totally come in handy. Think of all the new forms of creative movement we could discover. Amoebas are slimey. Gross? No! Convenient, we won't have to worry about personal hygeine. Can an amoeba be less slimey? Would it matter? I don't think so. We also won't need to give any thought to what we will wear because, amoebas don't wear clothes. This is so obvious, I can't beleive no one has thought of it yet. I am a genius.
--------
Update: May 10th, 2006
So, I told my dad about my amoeba theory. He calmly told me that we will be known as we were. He gave me some scriptures and said that we will probably be the same, our body will just be new. I tried to tell him that I didn't really think we would be amoebas and he told me I should want the truth. whatev.

No comments:

Post a Comment