Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"Adventure," she cried, "adventure!"

I am so bored. I am bored with Cleveland. I am bored with my apartment. I am bored with my job. I am bored with school. I am bored with my life. Let me break it down for you.
Cleveland does not rock. Cleveland sucks. There is never anything exciting going on. Well, last week there was the festival of cultures, but I had to work. You can drive from one side of Cleveland to the other in ten minutes and not see anything excited. I know, I just did it. In fact most of the restaurants are closed by ten. Well, that's just silly.
Because I do not have a job, and I only have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and most of my friends do not have this cushy arrangement. So, I spend most of my days hanging out in my apartment. I hate it. I feel like a big, lazy slob.
I am bored with my job. Yes, I am the Lee University Lady Flames Concessions Manager. I am grateful for my job. And, most of the time, I don't mind my job. But, sometimes, I just get sick of serving hot dogs. Sometimes, I have a lot of fun with my job. And, sometimes, I don't. The truth is, it just doesn't pay enough.
I am twenty-three days away from graduation. That is exciting. I am definitely not bored with that. No freaking way. However, seriously, what are you going to teach me in twenty-three days. Actually, it's far less than twenty-three days, it's actually eight days. What are you going to teach me in eight days? What could I possibly prove to you about my own intelligence in those eight days. If I haven't proven that I am worthy of my degree, am I really going to prove it to you in those eight days? I really don't have the motivation to write one more paper, to take one more exam, to listen to one more lecture.
I think I am done complaining. I realize that my life is not that bad. I'm just frustrated right now. I just need a little adventure. I am not content hanging out in my apartment, watching television and writing response papers. I need to climb a mountain, hang out in a cafe with a hot guy with a lovely accent, take a hike in a jungle, hell, I'd eat a jungle grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment