Wednesday, March 1, 2006

That Elusive Twenty Dollar Bill...

Okay, so a lot of people have been asking me what happened yesterday, so I decided to write a blog about. So, the rent is due today, but I was going to pay it yesterday. But, you know, when you get money out of an ATM, you can't ask for exactly the amount you need. So, I had to go above the amount I needed. I had to go over by like eighteen dollars because you have to request the amount in increments of twenty dollars. Well, you know how they work. So, I decided to go to Chik-fil-a and get some sweet tea so I could break the twenty and make life a little easier. So, me and my roommate are in the drive-thru, listening to sunny 92.3, and being silly. I had the twenty dollar bill in my hand and I was playing with it. And, then....
It happened.
The twenty dollar bill slipped down inside my car door.
I asked the two lips that hold the window to hold my twenty for a second. You know, I just needed to get something. So, I said, to the lips that hold the window, "will you please hold this for a second." They said, "oh, sure, no problem. We hold the window all the time, of course we can hold that twenty dollar bill." But, they did not. They failed. They let go.
Luckily, I had some more cash, or we would have been in trouble. But, we were both laughing so hard we were crying. The guy in the drive thru must have thought we were absolutely insane.
Then, we got home, and looked inside the door and Jessie said she could see it. So, we got a hanger, stretched it out, and stuck some gum on the end of it. It didn't work. Then we took the gum off and fashioned a little hook out of the hanger. Man, if only we had had the foresight to punch a hole in the bill that would've worked. Then, Kevin came over and he tried to take the door apart. Well, that started to look like it might be bad. I was afraid we were going to break the door and then it would cost more than twenty dollars to fix it.
So, today, I think we will try a vacuum. We might also try to fashion giant tweezers out of a hanger and see if that works. If it doesn't, then, when I sell my car, I'm just going to see it for twenty dollars more than it's worth, no matter what. But, for now, that twenty dollar bill is just laying at the bottom of my door taunting me, laughing at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment