Sunday, May 29, 2011

Those broken pieces...

Let’s first acknowledge that I have problems. Okay. Wanna hear about three of them?

Lately, God has been dealing with me on three separate issues: trust, insecurity, and leadership.

I think trust is a hard one for any of us. I’d rather trust in my ability to work hard than to trust God to pay my bills. I’d rather trust my own creative talents than to allow God control of my classroom. But, I think God would call that disobedience. No, I know he would call that disobedience.

I started going to a new church that I love. As soon as the service is over, I RUN out the door. Why? I have no idea. I was calling it awkward. God called it insecurity. Then, He told me that by His stripes, I am healed. Which is absolutely awesome, and absolutely painful.

I’ve been thinking about leadership for awhile. I’ve been telling my kids that as Christians, we need to be leaders. We talk about leaders every day in the classroom. I point out kids who are being great leaders. I decided it was time I take my own advice. Also a tough pill to swallow. God is constantly showing me things that I should be doing, but more often, He’s showing me things that I should not be doing.

I was hoping that as I started writing this blog, I might find some catharsis in it. But, all I really found was the amount of work that I need to do before I can be considered Christ-like. I am so broken and human.

But, fortunately, God takes those broken pieces every single time and puts them back together and turns them into something so amazing. In me, in this jar of clay, I have the treasure of the knowledge of the Glory of God in the face of Christ (II Corinthians 4). I have the capacity to be Christ-like because he made me in His image. He knows I’m broken. He doesn’t care. He gave me His everything and all He wants in return is those broken pieces.

That’s beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment