Saturday, August 12, 2006

To boldly go where I have never gone before...

I'm moving on Thursday. Yes, I am.
I got a job at Image Travel. It's a travel agency that specializes in international guided group tours. I am kind of anti-tour. I much prefer traveling by the seat of your pants, but hey, it's a job. I am pretty excited about it, though. I am excited about getting to learn about a new industry. I am excited about starting this new chapter in my life.
So, now, I am moving into my new apartment in Grand Rapids on Thursday. I am really excited about that. I just can't wait to be out of my parents' house and on my own again. They are excited about it too.
So, last week, Crystal was telling me something about her boss' wife and how she wants to reinvent herself when she turns forty. I don't care if she reinvents herself, of course, but it made me start thinking about reinvention. Madonna is the master of reinvention. She is constantly changing her image and sound to keep up with "the times." Sometimes, it works, and sometimes it doesn't.
I think that there are a few things that I would like to reinvent about myself. I've always wanted to be one of those people who got more done before 9 am that I could get done before 9 pm. I've always wanted to be one of those people who is always reading a new book and always has something interesting to say. And, I think that now is the time to reinvent myself. I'm not talking about changing who I am, of course, but would it kill me to get up a few hours earlier and get stuff done? Would it kill me to go back and read all those books I was supposed to read for class? Would it kill me to maybe exercise every once in a while? I don't think so.
Just thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment