Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Slice of My Disjointed Thoughts.

Here, I sit. In my brand new apartment. I said good bye to my parents and now I am sitting in my brand new apartment. Just let that sink in. It's true. I did it. I made it.
I know that this isn't my first apartment. It's my second. But, somehow, this one feels different. I don't know why. But, it does. Maybe because it's the first apartment where I get my own room. Do you know how long it's been since I had my own room? A long time. Do you know how long it's been since I had my own closet? I can't even tell you. Guess what else I have? My own bathroom. I know. It's so strange and liberating at the same time.
Today, on the way here, I passed Tyndale. And, I was thinking that the last twenty-three years of my life could be easily divided. There were the pre-high school years which, despite the fact that I moved a zillion times and they included puberty, are pretty unremarkable. Then, there was highschool. Probably the first real turning point in my life for a lot of reasons, but that is another blog. Then, of course, the tyndale years. I lived with my parents, worked full time and went to college full time. Next, are the Lee years. While I learned a lot at Tyndale, at Lee, I learned a lot about myself. I was away from home, dealing with all kinds of stuff. Work, school, social situations, which we all know are not my specialty.
And now, I am embarking on a brand new chapter in my life. I guess if I had to name it, I would call it adulthood. I know that technically I have been an adult for five years, but this is a different taste of adulthood.
I know this blog is a little disjointed, but my thoughts are a little disjointed today. I'm tired and excited all at the same time. My mind is racing with all the things I need to do. I thought I would be scared about embarking on this new journey, but I'm too excited to be scared. That's odd, considering that new restaurants make me nervous.
Oh, one more thing, I'm a pirate. Yep, this wireless signal has been commandeered by me for my illegal use. How do you like dem apples?

No comments:

Post a Comment