Friday, September 22, 2006

Ahhh...the smell of gas.

So, this is what happened to me today. I got off work at 5:35, as usual. I thought to myself, "perhaps, I should get some gas before I make my way home." But, I decided against it because I don't live that far from work. It's really just a short jaunt on 96. Unfortunately, they was a bit more traffic than usual and so, it took a little longer than usual. I called Crystal, and just as I said that I was concerned that I may run out of gas, I ran out of gas. Right on the exit ramp of the freeway. So, she came to save me.
We went to a nearby gas station. They had a gas can that would hold one gallon of gas. But, you had to have a five dollar deposit to use the gas can. Of course, I didn't have five dollars in cash. I probably don't even have five cents in cash. So, Crystal knew the guy, so she just flirted a little. You know, used her womanly charms to her advantage and he let us take the gas can without leaving the deposit. We filled the gas can and drove back to my truck. We put the gas in my truck, but it wasn't enough. So, we went back. It still wasn't enough. So, we went back. And, it still wasn't enough. The best part, my truck wouldn't turn over any more.
So, we figured we would have to jump it. Crystal had this contraption that jumps your car without using another car. We would just have to open my hood and hook up the contraption. So, we popped the hood, but we couldn't get it open. We tried and tried and tried. So, Crystal called everyone she could think of and no one was answering. Then, her friend, Rachel, found us and told us she would talk to her neighbors and see if they wouldn't mind helping. So, we waited. We watched all the cars pull up behind my car, even though my hazards were on and we were standing outside the car. We wathced everyone look at us and not ask if we needed any help. Aaron called and said he would come save us.
But, while we were waiting for Aaron, a cop stopped. I was concerned, it's true. I was blocking one lane of an exit ramp. Oh yeah, and my plates are expired. So, finally, after a million years, the cop gets out of his car. Just as he was getting out of his car, Aaron showed up with his roommate, Jeff. So, we told the cop that we did have some help, and we would get out of the way as soon as we could. He asked what the problem was, so we told him. Not only did he open the hood for us, he waited with the lights on and then blocked traffic while we pushed the car across the street.
Anyway, in the meantime, we tried Crystal's contraption, which didn't work. So, Aaron pulled his car up to mine, and he and Jeff tried to jump my car that way. And, no, that didn't work either. So, they tried again and again. Well, then it was decided that the car needed to be pushed across the street. So, Crystal, Aaron, and Jeff pushed my car across the street while I steered (And no, I didn't do that good of a job. I just don't know my rights from my lefts.) And, so my car is still in the parking lot, waiting for me to figure out what to do.
Crystal, what an adventure we had! But, why does everything have to be an adventure? Why?
Jeff and Aaron, I doubt you will read this, but just in case, I think you should know, not many guys would do what you did, in the rain, for a girl you don't know. And, not once did you make me feel stupid for running out of gas. Today, you are my heros.
And, I think I have gas in my hair. Is that bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment